Between 25 – 27 September 2015, the city centre will come alive for an extraordinary weekend of high quality outdoor arts called Birmingham Weekender. Including independent street food traders, plenty of city fashion and style events and also the Rugby World Cup games at Villa Park, there’s never been so much going on in Birmingham!
Building on the success of 4 Squares Weekender and produced and coordinated by the same team, nearly all events will be free including our own Mucho Brumcha: Day of the Dead fiesta – a great day out for families and friends!
The weekend will be a big celebration for the City, welcoming Grand Central shopping centre and the newly opened New Street Station. Birmingham Arts Partnership, a consortium of the major arts organisations in Birmingham are presenting a big outdoor party and everyone is invited to see what the city’s arts organisations have to offer!
The organisers are looking for your help. They are expecting thousands of visitors to the city centre each day and will need people to help on all sorts of things to make this happen before and during the weekend. That will include:
• Festival Makers: acting as an information points for the weekend’s activities and helping arts performances run smoothly
• Production Assistants: sorting sites ahead of the performance in liaison with the companies and helping assist artists
• Media Volunteers: flyering and social media updates
They will provide you with training and certification and following the weekend, if you enjoy being part of these events, there is a chance for you to be involved with other events with other arts organisations as part of Birmingham Arts Volunteers.
Go along to Birmingham Hippodrome and find out more on Tuesday 18 August from 10am – 12pm.
Following this there will be two compulsory training sessions:
1. Programme, health and safety, best practice in outdoor arts stewarding: Tuesday 1 September 6pm – 9pm or Saturday 5 September 10am – 1pm (approx)
2. Specific role based training (allocating locations, specific projects to meet with project leads): Tuesday 15 September 6pm-9pm or Saturday 19 September 10am – 1pm (approx)
If you can commit to the training sessions and a morning or evening shift on both days- then they want to hear from you!
Birmingham Weekender will be an amazing spectacle that you can be a part of.
APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE HERE
If you have further questions in the meantime email birminghamweekender[@]birminghamhippodrome.com