Jack Daniel’s will be making music history in Manchester when Manc legends Mike Joyce (ex-Smiths drummer) and Tim Burgess (The Charlatans) team up with The Whip, I Am Kloot, Jonny Brown (Twisted Wheel), The Answering Machine and Dutch Uncles for an incredible JD Set that promises to deliver an unforgettable reworking of Buzzcocks’ punk classic ‘Spiral Scratch’.
We have 4 tickets for you and your mates to attend this exclusive gig, which takes place at Band On The Wall on Thursday 27 May. The prize includes accommodation and £50 per person towards travel. Behind the scenes action from the studio sessions and gigs will be screened ,on Channel 4, NME TV and on thejdset.co.uk.
For three years, The JD Set has been showcasing innovative collaborations including Peter Hook and the Wombats and Don Letts and Little Boots.
To enter, just answer this question: Who was not a member of The Smiths?
A. Mike Joyce
B. Paul McCartney
Email your answer with your name, age, address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org putting ‘JD’ in the subject box.
Entrants must be over 18. T&C’s apply. Competition Deadline: 17 May
Visit www.thejdset.co.uk to become a Friend of Jack and keep up to date with news and competitions. Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel’s responsibly. For full T&C’s please visit areacultureguide.co.uk.
THE JD SET – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
YOU AND 3 FRIENDS/ HOTEL/ £50 TRAVEL
1. The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only excluding employees of the promoter, Fused Magazine their families, agents and anyone else connected with the promotion. No purchase necessary.
2. Photographic identification must be provided before entry in to the venue is granted.
3. To enter, email the answer with your name, age, address and telephone number to competitions @fusedmagazine.com or alternatively send your entry with your name, age, address and telephone number on a plain piece of paper to: THE JD SET prize draw,315 The Greenhouse, Gibb Street, Birmingham, B9 4AA. Entries to be received no later than 17 May.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any illegible entries or those which are delayed or not delivered. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
6. There is one prize: free tickets to The JD Set at Band On The Wall on Thursday 27 May for the prize winner and three guests. The prize includes £50 towards travel per person and 1 night’s accommodation
7. The performance line-up may be subject to change.
8. Hotel rooms will be based on 2 people sharing.
9. The promoter will reimburse £50 towards travel per person on arrival at the hotel. All travel-related administration is the responsibility of the prize-winner and guests.
10. The prize-winner and their guest will need to confirm they are over 18 (providing photographic identification via fax /email) before taking up the prize. The promoter reserves the right to select alternative winners, should the original winner and guest not validate all of their identity and age within 3 days of notification or if the original winner is unable to attend The JD Set. The prize draw will be supervised by an independent person and will take place on 17 May. The prize-winner will be the first name drawn at random from all valid entries.
11. The prize-winner will be notified within 3 days and receive further details of their prize within 7 days of verification of their age, as required above.
12. The winners’ details can be obtained for 6 weeks only by sending an sae to “Jack Daniel’s / Fused Magazine The JD Set prize draw”, Spring PR, 12 Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ The prize-winner and guest may be required to participate in future publicity.
13. Each prize is as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to any entrants, the prize-winner or any third party. The promoter also reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion. Promoter: Brown-Forman Beverages Europe, Ltd, Grove House, 2 Orange Street, London, WC2H 7DF. Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel’s responsibly.